Is your physician certified in Prolotherapy?
Dr Weglein has been Performing Prolotherapy for the past 10 years having done over 7,000 treatments, publishing research papers on Prolotherapy and is Certified in Prolotherapy.
He uses Ultrasound to guide the treatment, which ensures that the needle is placed in proper position with minimal pain.
Prolotherapy Houston : ("Prolotherapy ") also called Regenerative injection treatment (RIT), takes its name from the increase in healthy tissue that develops after the injection. This increased tissue strength is beneficial in healing tissue tears, like loose ligaments and shoulder capsule. The main active ingredient in the injection is dextrose. Dextrose solution , by way of osmotic attraction of your body's healing cells, ( Neutrophils, Macrophages, stem cells) brings a natural healing response to tissues. This treatment has been done for over 50 years and is practiced in many countries around the world.
- By strengthening weakened connective tissue we can often alleviate musculoskeletal pain, and improve function and mobility.
- Studies have shown that Prolotherapy provides benefit for people with chronic pain, as well as those with sports injuries.
- These injections are often used as an alternative to invasive arthroscopic surgery.
- After an injection you will rest for 2 days and start or restart a physical therapy program.
- Prolotherapy can be used to treat the entire body some examples include: knee pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, hip pain, foot and ankle pain. Conditions like: tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, arthritis and rotator cuff.
Bone on Bone Knee post Dr Weglein Unique PRP Treatments
Effects of hypertonic dextrose injection on chronic supraspinatus tendinopathy of the shoulder: randomized placebo-controlled trial.
Rotator cuff lesions are common causes of shoulder pain. Although patients with symptoms caused by chronic rotator cuff tendinopathy can be treated using conservative treatments, some of them may still experience refractory symptoms. Hypertonic dextrose prolotherapy (DPT) may be another treatment choice for these refractory symptoms.
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print these documents.