Is your physician certified in Prolotherapy?
Dr Weglein has been Performing Prolotherapy for the past 10 years having done over 7,000 treatments, publishing research papers on Prolotherapy and is Certified in Prolotherapy.
He uses Ultrasound to guide the treatment, which ensures that the needle is placed in proper position with minimal pain.
Prolotherapy Houston : Prolotherapy Regenerative injection technique is a injection of dextrose which can help reduce pain in arthritis and tendon/ muscle conditions. research link on areas treated.
- Prolotherapy for Osteoarthritis and Tendinopathy: A Descriptive Review
- Dextrose Prolotherapy: A Narrative Review of Basic Science, Clinical Research, and Best Treatment Recommendations
- By strengthening weakened connective tissue we can often alleviate musculoskeletal pain, and improve function and mobility.
- Studies have shown that Prolotherapy provides benefit for people with chronic pain, as well as those with sports injuries.
- These injections are often used as an alternative to invasive arthroscopic surgery.
- After an injection you will rest for 2 days and start or restart a physical therapy program.
- Prolotherapy can be used to treat the entire body some examples include: knee pain, shoulder pain, elbow pain, hip pain, foot and ankle pain. Conditions like: tennis elbow, plantar fasciitis, arthritis and rotator cuff.
Bone on Bone Knee post Dr Weglein Unique PRP Treatments
A Histological Study on the Effect of Dextrose Prolotherapy on Skeletal Muscle Injury in Adult Male Albino Rats
Background: Skeletal muscle injuries are one of the most common injuries occurring in sport medicine varies from 10% to 55% of all injuries. Phases of muscle injuries includes a series of complex stages including inflammation, regeneration and remodeling.
Lyftogt perineural injection therapy® as a primary treatment for plantar fasciitis: a randomized, controlled pilot with crossover
Background: Plantar fasciitis is a common condition that interferes with patient function and activity level. This study compared usual care to Lyftogt perineural injection therapy® as a primary treatment for plantar fasciitis.
Is Dextrose Prolotherapy Superior To Corticosteroid Injection In Patients With Chronic Lateral Epicondylitis?: A Randomized Clinical Trial
Purpose: To compare the efficacy of dextrose prolotherapy versus steroid injection in the treatment of patients with chronic lateral epicondylitis.
Effectiveness of Dextrose Prolotherapy for Rotator Cuff Tendinopathy: A Systematic Review
OBJECTIVE: To systematically review and evaluate the efficacy and complication profile of prolotherapy using hyperosmolar dextrose solution injection for rotator cuff tendinopathy.
Chondrogenic Effect of Intra-articular Hypertonic-Dextrose (Prolotherapy) in Severe Knee Osteoarthritis
BACKGROUND: Dextrose injection is reported to improve knee osteoarthritis (KOA)-related clinical outcomes, but its effect on articular cartilage is unknown. A chondrogenic effect of dextrose injection has been proposed.
Comparison of Platelet Rich Plasma and Prolotherapy in the Management of Osteochondral Lesions of the Talus: A Retrospective Cohort Study
Osteochondral lesions of talus (OLT) are among the most common ankle problems. Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) and prolotherapy (PrT) are 2 successful injection-based techniques for treatment of chronic musculoskeletal problems. The aim of the present study was to compare PRP and PrT injections for the management of OLT.
Effects of hypertonic dextrose injection on chronic supraspinatus tendinopathy of the shoulder: randomized placebo-controlled trial.
Rotator cuff lesions are common causes of shoulder pain. Although patients with symptoms caused by chronic rotator cuff tendinopathy can be treated using conservative treatments, some of them may still experience refractory symptoms. Hypertonic dextrose prolotherapy (DPT) may be another treatment choice for these refractory symptoms.
- Effectiveness of Dextrose prolotherapy for the treatment of chronic Plantar Fasciitis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Trials
- Consecutive injections of leukocyte-rich platelet-rich plasma are effective in not only mild but also severe knee degeneration
- Meta-analysis of clinical trials focusing on hypertonic dextrose prolotherapy (HDP) for knee osteoarthritis
- A role for substance P and acid-sensing ion channel 1a in prolotherapy with dextrose-mediated analgesia in a mouse model of chronic muscle pain
- Dextrose prolotherapy in knee osteoarthritis: A systematic review and meta-analysis
- Prolotherapy: An Evidence-Based Adjunctive Therapy for Knee Osteoarthritis
- The Benefit of Perineural Injection Treatment with Dextrose for Treatment of Chondromalacia Patella in Participants Receiving Home Physical Therapy: A Pilot Randomized Clinical Trial
- Sclerotherapy and prolotherapy for chronic patellar tendinopathies - a promising therapy with limited available evidence, a systematic review
- Dextrose Prolotherapy Versus Normal Saline Injection for the Treatment of Lateral Epicondylopathy: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Can the addition of ultrasound-guided genicular nerve block using 5% dextrose water augment the effect of autologous platelet rich plasma in treating elderly patients with knee osteoarthritis?
- Dextrose prolotherapy versus radial extracorporeal shock wave therapy in the treatment of chronic plantar fasciitis: A randomized, controlled clinical trial
- Identification of early response to hypertonic dextrose prolotherapy markers in knee osteoarthritis patients by an inflammation-related cytokine array
- Therapeutic Injection of Dextrose: Prolotherapy, Perineural Injection Therapy and Hydrodissection
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print these documents.